Loss is always difficult.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I've decided I shouldn't neglect this little space on the web of mine anymore. So many things have happened during the past two months......the most dramatic and devastating event was the passing of Ricky's grandmother at the beginning of June. I am not going to go into detail about how she passed, just that it was an extremely unexpected and then long process, heart wrenching, emotionally tearing, and she will be missed a great deal by all who had the honor to know her while she was here on earth. She was one of the most kind women I have ever come to meet and I will truly miss the warm hugs and wonderful smile I was greeted with each and every time I saw her. She treated me as one of her own grandchildren and loved me just the same and I loved her as well.

Due to her passing, we ended up taking a 1.5 week trip to Houston for the burial and family time, which was wonderful because I hadn't met many of Ricky's family and it was also great to spend time with the ones I knew. More later on this trip.



R.I.P Grandma Dominguez. Heaven is sweeter with you in it.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your loss, Jess. Glad she had such sweet family with her.

    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS