Zumba Rush

Saturday, June 1, 2013

I love doing Zumba, but I rarely do it. The local YMCA's scheduled classes really do not fit with my schedule at all so it's hard for me to get to a class. But when I do, it kicks my butt. 


I've tried other fitness games, and even have the Biggest Loser game for the Kinect. I end up getting really annoyed because they don't read my movements correctly or my little avatar in the corner that is tracking my body movements resembles Patrick from Spongebob, so naturally I quit the game. I had been eyeing Zumba Rush for a while and finally bought it pre-owned.

I had such high hopes and excitement for the game. Even Bruce Wayne was excited (and also decided to photo bomb me).


What ended up happening is I made it through 4 songs (the full length class was 14.....epic fail) which resulted in an extremely sore left hamstring with me flat on the floor thinking that I might die. 

The game was a ton of fun though, and I will definitely being doing on a regular basis because it gets you up, moving, and brings the sweat!


I wasn't gonna let my short workout go to waste, so my dinner consisted of baked salmon and a large spinach, heirloom tomato, and apple salad. 

A bunch of little changes will eventually lead to big changes in my body and lifestyle!

It's a journey not a sprint people!

     

3 comments:

  1. Good job Jessica!
    This time you got through four songs, next time you'll do five...
    I read somewhere that it only takes five times to make a new routine a habit. So just think, four more exercise sessions followed by a healthy meal and you're on your way.
    Keep going Sweetie, I know you can do it!
    hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Wii zumba game and it was okay, but BORING because it's the same couple of songs in spanish haha. Are there contemporary songs on rush?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    There are a couple songs I've heard on other "dance" games, but nothing like you would hear on the radio, which was a total bummer. I was totally hoping it would be like the zumba classes I got o occasionally that are newer songs you can sing along to. They need to add a feature where you can upload your own music and select the type of zumba moves you want and it puts it together for you. That would be really cool!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS