Microwave Chocolate Cake!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

]I was being totally lazy today while the hubster was out with his buddy. I wanted chocolate cake pretty badly, and a store bought cake didn't sound great and neither did making a whole cake (well because eventually I'd be the one eating it by myself). I had been playing around on pinterest and found a whole ton of microwaveable "cakes" in a mug.

It was super easy, and in less than 3 minutes, I had a steaming mug full of brownie/chocolate cake! Here's the recipe::





1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp of milk
2 tsp of oil



Mix it all together until it becomes a very think paste. Stick it in the microwave on 1 minute. After that, if it isn't done (every microwave is different) put in for 30 seconds until it's cooked, but make sure you don't over cook it.  I did and certain parts had a bit of a rubbery feel, so keep an eye on it :-)









I added a banana sliced up on top well, just because I could. You could add caramel, whipped cream, ice cream, or whatever else you wanted. 

If you felt really adventurous, you could put a scoop of chocolate frosting in the middle before you put it in the microwave and the cake would puff up around it and you'd have your own mini lava cake!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS