Photo Dump - Food Edition

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

If you follow me on Instagram, you have a pretty good idea of what I've been eating the past week. I find it I take photos of my food, I am keeping myself accountable because everyone and their mom can see exactly what I'm eating through out the day. If you don't follow me on Instagram, you should - bottleduplightning is the username. (I also post other things besides just pictures of food, in case that's not your thing!) Follow that 'ish!

I've been starting out every morning with a Yoplait Greek 100 calorie yogurt with a small handful of blueberries thrown in. My fav right now is the vanilla, but any flavor is tasty. 

Watermelon, cucumber, chicken, and feta cheese salad. This is exactly what it sounds like, plus a little balsamic dressing drizzled on top. I am currently using Kens Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette, but am looking for some fresher alternatives for the future.  I have a feeling I will be making this salad regularly for the rest of the summer!

Frozen grapes and frozen blueberries. Uh-maze-balls. Not joking. Something about freezing the fruit makes the sugar more concentrated or some crap like that. All I know, is it tastes like I am eating a bunch of healthy Starbursts candies! Perfect for a 3 pm snack when I am craving something sweet. 



Shrimp, zucchini, and squash. All I did for this was put a drop (literately a tiny drop, I promise it will do the trick) of olive oil in a skillet and sauteed the zucchini and squash for 2 minutes, then added the shrimp. Shake some Old Bay seasoning, garlic, and a bit of cumin and I'm telling you this dinner will surprise you with how good it is. Also, if you don't have Old Bay seasoning, I highly suggest it. Anything you put it on will be packed with flavor!



A non-food related photo, just because I found this on my phone and it cracked me up! Love those crazy silly nieces of mine!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS