I am.

Monday, March 10, 2014

It’s been a hot minute since I blogged. Oops. A lot has happened. Seahawks won the NFC Championship, and I was in the stadium when that happened. Dream come true fo'sho.


 I cried. Totally did.


Seahawks went to the Superbowl, and we prepped for the big game like champions.


Then the Seahakws won. Amazing. We got tickets to the homecoming rally and got to see them bring that big beautiful trophy home.


I got glasses.


I got my hurs did which always makes a chick feel fly (yes hurs, not hairs).


But probably the biggest thing that is happened is….I’ve decided this year is the year I run a half marathon. By the end of 2014, I will finish a half marathon, and for those of you who don’t know how long that is – it is thirteen point one freaking miles. When you are done laughing and peeing your pants, let this sink in. I’m SERIOUS.

I read a while back if your dreams and goals don’t scare the %$*@ out of you, you aren’t dreaming big enough. Trust me this dream reaches that level of terror in me, down to my very core. Many people have said I am crazy for wanting to do this, or I get told “why would you even want to run that?!” Well, here’s my answer:

To prove to myself that I can. Simple as that. There is a nasty little chick in my mind who loves to tell me I can’t. You can’t lose weight. You can’t run a mile. You’re not good enough. I’ve listened to her for way too long, pretty much my entire life. That chick is the old me. She is literally sobbing from laughing so hard at my goal of finishing 13.1 miles. She says that I can’t do it and is waiting with bated breath for when I throw my hands up and say it’s too hard. I quit.

At the same time, there is a little tiny voice that says, maybe just maybe, you can. Maybe you can run that mile. It’s not going to be easy, and you might be really slow, but maybe you can. Maybe you can lose the weight after all. It will take a while, and a ton of dedication, but maybe you can lose it. Maybe you ARE good enough. That’s the future me. I know deep down, when I stick to it, those maybes are going to turn into sure things and I will know without a doubt I can lose the weight. I can run a mile. Hell, I can run 13.1 miles!

I AM GOOD ENOUGH. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS